Day 6 - Persistence and Follow-Through
Once we make the decision to change, like leading a more disciplined life, creating active goals and taking steps to achieve those goals, then, we must follow through on them, being persistent in order to make significant progress.
And, it’s always best to make decisions in advance. Like if you decide to get more disciplined with an exercise program three days a week. Choose those days at the start of the week, and follow through with that promise. Don’t allow yourself to renege on your plan. Follow through is essential to attaining goals, without it, discipline flies out the window.
In addition to follow through, persistence is another component of discipline. It’s the fuel to keep the discipline engine running. Winston Churchill said in his famous, powerful speech: “Never give in, never give in, never, never never, never.” And many of us have heard stories of entrepreneurs who heeded that sage advice and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. Often what happens is we give in (or give up) just before that huge breakthrough, causing us to miss out on a fantastic opportunity.
When we’re building a more disciplined life, if we layer decisiveness with commitment on top of action and add follow-through and persistence in spite of the odds there’s a great chance we also will succeed in achieving our goals.
• I will become someone who others see as a hard worker who always gets things done
• People know they can depend on me because I always finish what I start
• My self control is growing stronger by the day
• I find it easy to maintain focus and work through difficult projects
• I am becoming more focused and dedicated in all areas of my life
• I can tap into my willpower whenever I need to
• I’m the kind of person who just doesn’t stop until I reach my goal
• Making a plan, working hard, and seeing it through until the end is just what I do
• I am finding it easier to push through difficult or boring projects
• It’s easy for me to maintain a high level of focus and dedication
• Having control over my impulses is easy
• I will achieve massive success because of my unbreakable willpower
• Self Discipline comes naturally to me
• I will become highly disciplined
• I will always complete every project I start
• I am developing an intensely focused and dedicated mindset
• With each passing day I gain more control over my impulses
• Self control feels effortless and natural
• I am beginning to love the feeling of working hard and finishing what I start
• My ability to control myself is one of my greatest strengths